As the third statue in the Coins of the World solid silver statue collection, The Libertad commemorates Mexico's Libertad coin.
THE FIGHT FOR LIBERTAD It was September 16th, 1810 when Catholic Priest, Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla launched the Mexican War Of Independence. Known as ‘The Father Of Mexico’, Miguel successfully called upon the town of Delores to rise up against the tyranny of Spanish-Euro occupiers. Sadly, he was to lose his life before victory was realized. But a century later, Monumento a la Indepencia was built to commemorate the start of his war.
INTRODUCING THE GREEK GODDESS OF VICTORY: In a magnificent merging of culture, Mexico crowned Monumento a la Indepencia (The Monument to Independence) with a stunning 22 foot statue named El Angel, inspired by The Greek Goddess Nike Of Samothrace - well known in Greek mythology as the Goddess Of Victory.
- 13.5cm tall with a 13.5cm wingspan
- contains 12+ Troy Ounces of silver
- actual weight 403+ grams 925 silver
- only 1000 casts ever produced
- laser-etched with serial number, weight & purity
- includes box & certificate of authenticity