SHIPPING MAY 29!
Imagined and designed by 3D master sculptor Cosmin Morar, we’ve created an exact replica of the iconic ‘Griffin’ at Temple Bar in London. But what makes him iconic? Look close and you’ll see…
Traditionally, the mythological Griffin features the head and the wings of an eagle with the body of a lion. He was the type of creature who could take on a ferocious dragon without breaking a sweat. But this Griffin, originally designed by Charles Bell Birch is, in fact, a dragon. Griffin by name, dragon by design.
Just as the Gryphon statue is a guardian to churches and the like, so too is the heraldic Griffin-dragon. He is a guardian to the western side of London. He joins the memorial to the Temple Bar - the main ceremonial entrance to the City Of London. A popular figure worldwide, he has also featured in much literature since his creation. Hold a piece of history with this magnificent statue.
- Contains 16+ Troy ounces of solid silver
- Part of the Fairies and Fantasy Collection
- Guaranteed minimum weight of 551 grams of .925 silver
- Height: 115 mm, Width: 110mm, Length: 110mm
- Limited production of only 1,000 casts
- Base laser-etched with weight, purity & unique production number